Lenz GmbH is pleased to announce our newest member in our decoder line-up. The New Standard + comes with highest performance possible with our 6th generation Load Compensation (or "BACK EMF") for exceptionally smooth performance. The new STANDARD+ is delivered with RailCom capability and the ability to map all 28 NMRA functions to the three functions outputs.
Our Standard+-MP* is delivered with the NMRA medium plug.
Added to this are all the high end DCC features common in Lenz Decoders, plus a broad array of advanced lighting features and function mapping capabilities. STANDARD+ decoders have 3 built- in functions. Each of the 3 function outputs can be configured to one or more of the 29 NMRA defined DCC functions, and the decoder operation can be effected by 3 additional configurable function inputs.
To help ensure that you can keep up to date with evolving DCC features, the STANDARD + decoder can have its software uploaded even after it is installed in your locomotive..
Our new STANDARD+ provides full support for bi-directional DCC and provides an economical way to introduce RailCom to your layout..
Naturally the STANDARD+ decoders come with our industry leading 10 year warranty. The motor and all function outputs are short and overload protected, and of course the decoder has already passed all the automated NMRA tests.
The DIGITAL plus STANDARD+ locomotive decoder is suitable for all DC locomotives with continuous current draw of 1.0 Amp. or less. The characteristics of the decoder are:
- Full RailCom NMRA DCC Bi-directional support
- Three function outputs rated at 100mA each
- Each function output supports F0-F28 with simplified function mapping
- Directional or independent lighting with dimming and special effects.
- Support for automatic uncoupling control
- Adjustable precision stopping control
- Low speed gear for switching operations
- Selectable for operation with 14/27, or 28/128 speed steps
- Operation on conventional DC layouts is possible or can be disabled
- Motor output = 1A continuous, 1.8A max, > 5 A stall.
- Motor and function outputs protected
- Support for Advanced Consist Control and Extended Addressing
- Support for programming on the mainline (operations mode programming)
- Support for all form of programming as described in NMRA RP-9.2.3
- Supports service mode decoder lock
- Size: L 1.0" x W 0.61"x H 0.13" L 25mm x W 15.4mm x H 3.3mm
Starting and braking delay
The starting and braking delays can be set independently of each other. These delays can be enabled and disabled via a function by pressing the key of the digital system once.
Constant braking distance
A special feature of the Silver decoder provides for a constant braking distance independent of the current speed of the locomotive. This feature is important for model railway operators who install automatic stopping sections in their layouts.
The STANDARD+ is equipped with RailCom technology. In addition to the locomotive address, other data (e.g. speed, CV content) can be transmitted from the locomotive via the track back to the system. The information sent is received by a RailCom detector and then displayed. Which data the decoder is to send is set in CV28. Set Bit 4 in CV29 to enable the transmission function.
The shunting speed can be set via a function; it halves the speed.
For each function output you can define which DCC function is used to switch the function outputs on or off. The outputs A, B and C can be allocated to function F0 and F1 (direction-dependent) or functions F2 to F28 as desired. This is allocated in CVs 33 to 47 and CVs 129 to 144.
Different lighting effects can be set at the four function outputs:
- Setting the brightness (dimming), can be switched via a function as desired
- Mars light
- Gyra light
- Strobe and double strobe
- Different settings for random flickering (ideal for a steam locomotive’s fire box)
- Ditch Lights
*Note the Standard does not support our Asymmetric DCC, RailCom or USP technology.